Customers rarely think about their electric utility until they have an outage. How well utilities communicate during that time, and how effectively power is restored, can determine much of the impression customers have of their utility.
Our Outage Management Systems (OMS) team understands that:
- An effective OMS system brings together all parts of the utility from customer service to operations to line crews
- The most effective OMS system include designing it to meet each utility’s unique needs, taking into consideration integrations, utility fit, and processes
- OMS systems can get data from AMI, IVR, CIS, GIS, SCADA and AVL systems; however, the quality of the data integrations determines how useful the OMS system is to customers and staff
- Large and small utilities have very different needs in terms of functionality
- We focus on designing a system that adapts to the utility’s processes, ensuring that customer service, line crews, and operations personnel all see the benefit of the tool and incorporate it into their daily activities