Effective Mobile Work Management (MWM) is often a combination of dedicated systems and process improvements to assist operations, engineering, and customer service to optimize and manage work within the utility for:
- Service orders
- Construction work orders
- Design projects, staking, and permits
- Vehicle tracking
- Field audits and inspections
- Automatic meter reading (AMR)/advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) implementation
An effective solution can include business process modeling, automated staking, dispatch, geographic information system (GIS), and automatic vehicle locating (AVL) systems, as well as IT system integration to other systems and the supporting communication networks. Because it works with wireless data systems, a successful implementation involves a number of system integrations and technologies working together in both normal and emergency response situations.
Optimizing your work management processes can save you money, time, and effort. Benefits include:
- Elimination of in-office and field order duplication
- Web-based information with up-to-date order status information available to management and customer service representatives
- Dramatic reduction in back office support activities and increased employee productivity and customer service support
- Real-time management of shut-offs and turn-ons to reduce overtime and call-outs
- Fewer drive miles resulting in greatly reduced vehicle maintenance and fuel costs
- Dramatic improvement in information management with up-to-date order status information available to management and customer service representatives
Successful work process management involves a combination of software, hardware, systems, integrations, and communication networks.
PSE specialists can help your utility successfully address all facets of the selection and system implementation process by:
- Working with the utility to evaluate existing business processes, work flows, and information systems
- Identifying optimal solutions for meeting service objectives by capitalizing on existing systems
- Reviewing communication networks, integration requirements between systems, and system architecture design
- Developing a Request for Proposal (RFP), including documentation of system requirements, vendor response evaluation, contract preparation, and project management
As your consultant, PSE works with you to provide the level of functionality you need, without a bias toward any particular solution.