Load forecasts are the building blocks for many planning efforts. Time horizons vary from long-range forecasts that project energy and demand for the next 30 years to mid-term forecasts that project for the next few years and short-term forecasts that project for the upcoming hours or days.
Our team offers the following:
- Long-range load forecasts used for power supply planning
- Mid-term load forecasts used for financial and operational planning
- Short-term load forecasts used for energy markets, demand response dispatching, and operational decisions
- Spatial load forecasts at the substation or feeder levels for operational planning or demand response dispatching
- Weather normalization studies to support rate studies
- Incorporation of DSM and distributed energy resources (DER) into the load forecasts