Transmission Line Design
Power System Engineering, Inc. (PSE) utilizes several state-of-the-art computer programs in the process of designing transmission line facilities including PLS-CADD, PLS-Pole, Southwire Sag10, and several programs developed in-house utilizing Microsoft Excel. Our staff can work with your current design specifications or create completely new standards based on the project requirements. Once the standard for design is determined, the PSE design staff will model structures and perform a complete 3D analysis using the PLS software package. The deliverables for any PSE transmission line design include:
- Plan and profile drawings
- Construction staking sheets
- Structure assembly drawings
- Conductor sag and tension tables
- Material specifications
- Design book with supporting calculations, including: Span limitations based on required ground clearance,structure strength calculations (maximum wind and weight spans), conductor, insulator, and hardware strength calculations, conductor gallop analysis, and analysis of guyed and unguyed structures
PSE performs transmission design that is compliant with ANSI, IEEE, NESC, RUS, and other applicable or project-specific standards.
PSE utilizes state-of-the-art computer programs to design transmission line facilities. We can work with your design specifications or create new standards based on project requirements.