Openings at Power System Engineering
Power System Engineering, Inc. (PSE) has a number of positions open as a result of our continued growth. Take a look at the careers available at PSE and find out how you can become a part of our team.
Whether or not there is an opening listed, PSE is always looking for professionals with:
- Consulting experience in the areas of engineering, economics, planning, financing, telecommunications, or land planning.
- Demonstrated expertise in business development, implementation, and project management.
- Bachelors, masters, or doctorate degree.
- Polished communication skills.
PSE is an employee-owned national consulting firm serving electric utilities of all types. We offer attractive salaries and benefits and significant growth potential for those that can recognize and respond to client needs. Qualified individuals who perform well may also be invited to become part owners of the business.
If you are interested in staying on the leading edge of your field, desire challenging projects, want substantial influence on your career direction, want compensation to reflect contribution, value working and learning from other skilled consultants, and prefer to work at a company where employees chart its course, apply now by emailing us your resume and cover letter.
Utility Communications Consultant - Mobile Voice and Fixed Data
PSE has an opening in our Madison, WI office for a project management level person responsible for wide area communication studies and propagation activities focusing on land mobile radio (LMR) and fixed wireless design.
PSE leads technology and product selection projects of new privately owned mobile voice/data and fixed data systems for electric utilities. The tasks typically begin with defining the unique requirements, selecting the best technology, completing the radio design work, writing the RFPs for the vendors to bid on, and helping the utility select the best product to meet the requirements.
Applicants must have at least 10 years of experience completing design tasks for both LMR and fixed wireless. Having core expertise in the following areas is highly desired:
- Capability to complete LMR propagation studies and design.
- Expertise in any or all of the following technologies: Licensed radio 30 to 900 MHz, unlicensed 900 MHz, 2.4 GHz, 5.8 GHz, and licensed microwave.
- Good understanding of the product trade-offs for fixed data and LMR.
- Experience working with frequency coordinators to help clients obtain the needed licenses.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface with clients in selling new work, completing strategy sessions with clients, writing proposals, specifications and RFPs and occasionally making industry presentations.
The selected individual will be working in a small team environment with other communication related experts. An engineering degree or technical degree and PE registration is preferred.
We offer attractive salaries and benefits and significant growth potential for those that can recognize and respond to client needs. To apply, email us your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.