Openings at Power System Engineering
Power System Engineering, Inc. (PSE) has a number of positions open as a result of our continued growth. Take a look at the careers available at PSE and find out how you can become a part of our team.
Whether or not there is an opening listed, PSE is always looking for professionals with:
- Consulting experience in the areas of engineering, economics, planning, financing, telecommunications, or land planning.
- Demonstrated expertise in business development, implementation, and project management.
- Bachelors, masters, or doctorate degree.
- Polished communication skills.
PSE is an employee-owned national consulting firm serving electric utilities of all types. We offer attractive salaries and benefits and significant growth potential for those that can recognize and respond to client needs. Qualified individuals who perform well may also be invited to become part owners of the business.
If you are interested in staying on the leading edge of your field, desire challenging projects, want substantial influence on your career direction, want compensation to reflect contribution, value working and learning from other skilled consultants, and prefer to work at a company where employees chart its course, apply now by emailing us your resume and cover letter.
Power System Engineering, Inc. (PSE) has an opening in our Marietta, OH office for a SCADA Engineer. Typical projects involve assisting utilities with expansion and commissioning of their SCADA systems. These activities often involve programming of RTUs and data concentrators, troubleshooting and commissioning of the system at the substation, and programming of the SCADA master database and one-lines. They also involve assisting our substation engineering department with the design of distribution substations.
To be considered, candidates will preferably have at least 5 years of experience. Qualifications should include familiarity with substation automation equipment and programming of SCADA parameters within these devices including RTUs, recloser controls, regulators, and relays. There is a preference for someone with experience working at an electric utility, a consulting firm supporting utilities, or a utility vendor; interpersonal and business development skills; and ability to meet deadlines.
PSE offers attractive salaries and benefits and significant growth potential for those who can recognize and respond to client needs. To apply, email your resume and a cover letter as a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Engineering Manager
PSE has an opening in our Madison, WI office for a senior engineering manager.
The following are essential responsibilities of this position:
- Lead a team of professionals and direct efforts in providing a wide range of engineering, planning, design, and technical consulting services to PSE’s electric utility clients in the region.
- Direct, coordinate, and carry out electric substation design services in accordance with industry standards and established PSE guidelines, including but not limited to the following: detailed schematic and drawing development, preparing equipment specifications, bidding and procurement, contract preparation, construction management and support.
- Work closely with PSE’s Distribution Studies and Substation Design Vice President to provide overall leadership, guidance, and mentorship to all team members as well as promote and advance a positive work environment required of a successful professional engineering and consulting firm.
- Actively participate in client projects via project manager, engineer-in-charge, technical review person, or senior technical support.
The candidate must also possess the ability to work in cooperative fashion with other PSE team members to improve efficiencies and work product, as well as with utility client management and staff to understand the scope of work and any concerns.
The candidate must have a BSEE with a minimum of ten years of experience, as well as an active Professional Engineer license registered with the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services, or be capable of obtaining a license within a three-month period. The candidate shall be self-motivated and have experience in power system planning, protection, design, operations and leading and directing a team of technical professionals and managing technical projects. Working knowledge of applicable USDA-RD, NESC, IEEE, and ANSI standards is highly preferred.
PSE offers attractive salaries and benefits and significant growth potential for those that can recognize and respond to client needs. PSE is a growing, employee-owned engineering firm that fosters a team environment and offers a completive salary and benefit package. To apply, email us your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Utility Communications Consultant - Mobile Voice and Fixed Data
PSE has an opening in our Madison, WI office for a project management level person responsible for wide area communication studies and propagation activities focusing on land mobile radio (LMR) and fixed wireless design.
PSE leads technology and product selection projects of new privately owned mobile voice/data and fixed data systems for electric utilities. The tasks typically begin with defining the unique requirements, selecting the best technology, completing the radio design work, writing the RFPs for the vendors to bid on, and helping the utility select the best product to meet the requirements.
Applicants must have at least 10 years of experience completing design tasks for both LMR and fixed wireless. Having core expertise in the following areas is highly desired:
- Capability to complete LMR propagation studies and design.
- Expertise in any or all of the following technologies: Licensed radio 30 to 900 MHz, unlicensed 900 MHz, 2.4 GHz, 5.8 GHz, and licensed microwave.
- Good understanding of the product trade-offs for fixed data and LMR.
- Experience working with frequency coordinators to help clients obtain the needed licenses.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface with clients in selling new work, completing strategy sessions with clients, writing proposals, specifications and RFPs and occasionally making industry presentations.
The selected individual will be working in a small team environment with other communication related experts. An engineering degree or technical degree and PE registration is preferred.
We offer attractive salaries and benefits and significant growth potential for those that can recognize and respond to client needs. To apply, email us your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.