Openings at Power System Engineering
Power System Engineering, Inc. (PSE) has a number of positions open as a result of our continued growth. Take a look at the careers available at PSE and find out how you can become a part of our team.
Whether or not there is an opening listed, PSE is always looking for professionals with:
- Consulting experience in the areas of engineering, economics, planning, financing, telecommunications, or land planning.
- Demonstrated expertise in business development, implementation, and project management.
- Bachelors, masters, or doctorate degree.
- Polished communication skills.
PSE is an employee-owned national consulting firm serving electric utilities of all types. PSE offers attractive salaries and benefits and significant growth potential for those that can recognize and respond to client needs. Qualified individuals who perform well at PSE may also be invited to become part owners of the business.
If you are interested in staying on the leading edge of your field, desire challenging projects, want substantial influence on your career direction, want compensation to reflect contribution, value working and learning from other skilled consultants, and prefer to work at a company where employees chart its course, apply now by emailing us your resume and cover letter.
Electrical Design Engineer/Technician
PSE has an immediate opening for a full-time design engineer or technician located in our Marietta, OH office. This individual will be responsible for assisting in providing a wide range of engineering and technical consulting services to PSE’s utility and commercial/industrial clients in the region.
The following are primary responsibilities of this position and do not include marginal functions that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties.
- Develop design documentation including staking sheets, plan & profiles, and material specifications.
- Develop construction specifications and contracts, coordinate pre-bid meetings, evaluate bids and proposals, and provide contract award recommendations for transmission, substation and distribution construction projects.
- Develop wiring diagrams, schematics and other construction drawings.
- Assist in testing and commissioning of electrical facilities.
- Provide construction management and operational support.
A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related field, or equivalent related experience, is preferred. Applicant must have working knowledge of computer software including AutoCAD, MS Excel, and MS Word. Working knowledge of applicable NEC, IEEE, and ANSI standards is highly preferred. Knowledge of surveying practices is a plus.
PSE offers attractive salaries and benefits and significant growth potential for those that can recognize and respond to client needs. To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Utility Automation Consultant
PSE has an opening in our Madison, WI office for a Utility Automation Consultant. Typical projects involve developing technology strategic plans for utilities and leading automation procurement initiatives involving: AMI, MWM, MDM, GIS, OMS, SCADA, and other automation technologies. To be considered, candidates must also have a minimum of five to 10 years of experience. There is a preference for someone with experience working at an electric utility, a consulting firm supporting utilities, or a utility vendor; interpersonal and business development skills; and ability to meet deadlines. A bachelor’s degree is required with a preference for computer science, business administration, or engineering.
PSE offers attractive salaries and benefits and significant growth potential for those that can recognize and respond to client needs. Relocation reimbursement will be offered. To apply, email us your resume and a cover letter as one pdf document to email@example.com.
Utility Communications Consultant - Mobile Voice and Fixed Data
PSE has an opening in our Madison, WI office for a project management level person responsible for wide area communication studies and propagation activities focusing on land mobile radio (LMR) and fixed wireless design.
PSE leads technology and product selection projects of new privately owned mobile voice/data and fixed data systems for electric utilities. The tasks typically begin with defining the unique requirements, selecting the best technology, completing the radio design work, writing the RFPs for the vendors to bid on, and helping the utility select the best product to meet the requirements.
Applicants must have at least 10 years of experience completing design tasks for both LMR and fixed wireless. Having core expertise in the following areas is highly desired:
- Capability to complete LMR propagation studies and design.
- Expertise in any or all of the following technologies: Licensed radio 30 to 900 MHz, unlicensed 900 MHz, 2.4 GHz, 5.8 GHz, and licensed microwave.
- Good understanding of the product trade-offs for fixed data and LMR.
- Experience working with frequency coordinators to help clients obtain the needed licenses.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface with clients in selling new work, completing strategy sessions with clients, writing proposals, specifications and RFPs and occasionally making industry presentations.
The selected individual will be working in a small team environment with other communication related experts. An engineering degree or technical degree and PE registration is preferred.
PSE offers attractive salaries and benefits and significant growth potential for those that can recognize and respond to client needs. To apply, email us your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.