Advanced Metering Infrastructure
Power System Engineering, Inc. (PSE) has developed a vendor-independent, unbiased advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) business case and procurement process resulting from extensive experience with utilities across the country. This process results in the utility purchasing the right AMI system at a competitive price.
PSE’s AMI expertise and solutions include:
- Smart grid strategy and road mapping
- Business case development
- Communications backhaul design
- Procurement management
- Implementation management
- AMI investment maximization
- Demand response management
- Integration services
- Meter data management systems
- Prepaid metering
- Direct load control over AMI
AMI Business Case
Wondering about the economics of migrating from drive-by or one-way automatic meter reading (AMR) to AMI? PSE has a proven, objective AMI business case model that determines whether there are economic benefits associated with deploying AMI.
PSE’s business case process includes:
AMI Procurement Management
PSE’s AMI procurement professionals work to protect your utility’s best interests. PSE has developed and refined procurement processes and templates to make sure all of the bases are covered.
PSE’s procurement process includes:
AMI Implementation Project Management
As an option, PSE also offers project management services to support utilities during the initial phases of the AMI system deployment and ensure that the installation gets off to a smooth start. This may include:
- Obtaining third-party bids for meters and meter installation
- Supervising system implementation during the critical first months of deployment
- Monitoring system acceptance testing
- Other services based on need
Utility Automation Software Integration
PSE also offers a comprehensive set of utility automation software integration services. If your AMI system is lacking integration with existing or recently deployed or upgraded automation systems, PSE can provide the integration to help you get the most return on your AMI investment. MultiSpeak™ web services, vendor APIs, and direct database connections are methods PSE may use to achieve the integration.